I have been working for 3 weeks now and would you believe it we are off for a 3 week vacation, Yey!
You will be happy to know that after the initial dilemna of getting my learner's permit, I passed the practical driving test this week so they have let me loose on the American roads. The test went well with no marks against my sheet, thanks to some reversal parallel parking practice with a surprisingly patient Shammy. I think its the most nervous I have been for a long time and I tried to make a joke with my test instructor about it but she must have missed my joke as she did not speak the whole time besides to say left, right etc. Luckily we had the seat right back on the passenger side as she barely squeezed in and the car sunk a few inches when she did. I'm not complaining though as I was so happy that all went smoothly and I aced the reversal parallel park.
Work is going great, Gloria and Pauline my co-workers are really sweet and are educating me on all the american experiences and food. In turn I am passing on my Australian terminology and have been catching them using some of my terms even if they do giggle while they are doing it.
They are both more excited about my trip to Disney than I am and have been giving me heaps of tips on what to do.
So tomorrow we head off on a three week roadtrip to Florida, visiting friends along the way and meeting Shammy's Uncle in Tampa, before heading to Disney in Orlando and then attending a cardiology conference before heading home.
Luckily we have a GPS so that will reduce some of the navigational arguments and we are both looking forward to giving our Mazda a work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment