Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Anniversary Shammy!!


It is hard to believe we have only been married 4 years we seem to have packed so much into that time.  (I'm not sure if its a good or a bad thing that it feels longer than this :) ).  With such an intense weekly schedule, it is easy to let time fly by without just taking time for the 2 of us.  Sharing ideas, problem solving and trying to do the best we can for Sol and Safiya as parents definitely makes for some challenging times but we always try to remain open to each other's ideas even if our stubborn streaks show through first :).  And above all still being able to laugh together makes each day that much more fun.
Shammy seems to be playing nurse aid for me a bit at the moment, I was having issues with a blocked ear and a couple of days ago I managed to strain my back so that even walking was an issue and bending down out of the question.  The kids seemed to sense my inability to be able to pick them up and hold them and proceeded to sob uncontrollably making me feel even more helpless.  I ended up consoling them by letting them crawl over my back while I lay on the ground, which had Safiya giggling away.
Thankfully I am on the road to recovery due to a sports masseust at our gym who was able to manipulate and stretch tight muscles so that I could bend again and by keeping her stretches up I am getting more mobile each day.
Our half marathon is a few weeks away now and we have one more week of intense training left, so this another reason why a quick recovery is essential.
Shammy's parents are coming to visit in May and it will be great to have them meet their grandchildren finally and show them around the area we live.  I am also really looking forward to some authentic indian food, yummy!  This will be followed by visits from James, Nic and Jude and Mum and hopefully if all goes according to plan a trip to Wales for the big event.
Sol and Safiya are doing so well and seem to really enjoy their day care once a week and the activities they get to do and the interaction with the other kids.  Safiya is now able to say "car" and has decided that everything should temporarily be called a car until she can give it another label and they both are getting much better at following questions and instructions.  Of course their greatest excitement comes when the words "shoes and socks" and "jacket" are mentioned.  Sol seems to have mastered the word "yes" and will fire this back at you when you ask a question.
I just get so excited with everything new they learn and another skill they pick up

No comments:

Post a Comment