Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wet weather


So the last couple of weeks have been pretty wet with some Hurricanes off the east coast having the area on constant flood warnings. Hurricane Irene caused a lot of power cuts, luckily not for us, and a lot of local flooding. Some people are just getting power in our area now and that is 2 weeks later. There has been more rain this week with Hurricane Katia and another tropical depression in the area, which is making driving conditions to Hershey interesting for Shammy. We also have the relay marathon this weekend so it could be an interesting and very muddy one, hoping it stops raining on the day so at least the bubs can come out and enjoy also.
With the wet weather we have been having some fun indoor days, hence the spaghetti fun and I think its time to buy a few indoor play mats before the carpets here are annihilated :).



Sol and Safiya are really getting more mobile now which is making things very interesting, hence the cots have been lowered and the gates are up high as they are grabbing onto everything and using things to stand up. Safiya in particular is enjoying sitting up in her cot and I find it most amusing walking into the bedroom to see if she has gone to sleep to find her sitting up smiling at me.
Its time to install safety measures as I'm quickly realising already I am finding them in some interesting places and once they start crawling there will be no controlling them. They also seem to like tugging on our pants now to let us know they want to be picked up.
I think the term "silence is deadly" is most appropriate as you can be sure they are up to something they shouldn't be!
In a couple of weeks we are all off for our first plane flight together to Minneapolis for a conference Shammy has. I'm as excited as always to see a new place and hopefully this will the start of some more exploring for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment