Today we got to see our babies in 3D and I think reality has hit a little bit more. We loved being able to see them move about, their little legs and arms and cute faces. It is also a great relief to see their little hearts beating and to be given the all clear on the nucal fold scan. They are both in good health apparently. Twin A which is positioned lower and towards the posterior being slightly larger than Twin B. Twin B has an anterior placenta, while Twin A has posterior placenta and this is apparently how they will be able to tell them apart as well as the position in my body, to the left or to the right. Twin B was in perfect position and only required a few of my coughs to move it around a little while Twin A was a little more difficult. Twin A had decided to lie with its bum in the air and nice and cosy and frankly was not interested in moving, Shammy mentioned it will be the naughty one while our Sonagrapher was convinced it must be a girl, she prodded it to try to get it to move and it just yawned stretched and went back to the same position again :).
Shammy is on call tonight and is finding these nights the most stressful with the extra responsibility of being the decision maker on what things to deal with himself and those to make the attending aware of.
I start my new job on the 26th of July which will mean I'll be doing just over 40 hrs a week, as I'll pick up 20 hrs with the new job which I'm hoping to fit into 2 days so that I at least get one free day of work a week.
We are both enjoying our new home and making the most of the weekends when Shammy isn't on call.
In these pics Twin A is on the left as you look at the picture, Twin B is on the right
wow, how beautiful to see both babies and hear they are doing well. B seems to be shy one covering it's face. And A is the cheeky one ;-)
ReplyDeleteThese are amazing pics!
ReplyDeleteI think B must be a girl she's got her hand up to her forehead like she's exhausted by A's relaxed outlook.....of course this means A is the boy...a typical white boy.
Oh and I'm crossing my fingers that you get a honeymoon period! I got mine at 30 weeks.