Monday, May 24, 2010

moving addresses



Shammy and I are definitely back into the swing of things in US. We just recently went on a trip to Washington DC so Shammy could present a poster at a cardiac conference and stopped off at his sister's house for a day on the way. It was a short but sweet visit and I managed to get a sore arm from getting too competitive playing Wii tennis with Shammy :).
We signed the lease on a new rental apartment yesterday so as of the 19th of June we are moving into a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with our own garage. Its in a nice location with lots of greenery and hills and in a quieter area then where we are now. Still close to where both of us work so we are quite excited about it. Our new address will be: 6690 Hauser Rd, Apt K202, Macungie, PA, 18062.

We also went to a beautiful wedding on the weekend of one of Shameer's friends from work, Brian and Ashley Costello. It was a gorgeous setting on a 100 acre property where they grow their own produce and graze their own livestock for serving in the restaurant. It was pretty exclusive so luckily for Shammy and I it is close by and we didn't have to stay in the accommodation. The brides dress was stunning and even though it rained it kept the ceremony short and sweet and we had our umbrellas at hand. Shammy and I were both amazed when they started reading the verse we had at our wedding. The food was yummy and Shammy loved the chocolate fondant fountain while I concentrated on the red velvet wedding cake which was so perfect that Shameer and I even wondered whether it was fake at one stage. There was lots of dancing afterwards and we have a lot of good memories from the first wedding we have attended as a married couple.
We also went back to our favourite Kosher cafe for breakfast with friends from the pharmacy Krysta and Kevin the following morning. I love the Challah french toast!!
Shammy mentioned that both of these places (Glasburn Inn, for the wedding) and Syb's deli would be great places to take Sarah and James when they visit, I couldn't agree more!
We finished off our weekend with some karaoke with friends last night using the rock band game, soooo much fun, one song required Shammy and I to work in tandem on the drums so that we could make it through the song :)
Shammy has been studying up for his exams and I have been getting back into work, keeping an eye out for another part-time job to pick up. We are still into our running, gym and bootcamp but Shammy seems to be running rings around me. Its got to the stage where I suggest he takes a longer route in the same time I do a shorter one. Summer is definitely on its way though and as I write this I can hear them filling the pool outside our apartment.
Hope everyone is doing well
x o x o

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sammy, great to read your update and sounds like you had a funfilled weekend. That wedding looked very swish, and you look fantastic in that outfit. Pool outside your apartment sounds very Melrose. You must be looking forward to more space.
    love Neenz XXO

    ReplyDelete