All the memories came flooding back from a year ago on the 10th of April and funnily enough it was fine here in the morning and then proceeded to rain in the evening. Shammy had a surprise in store for me with a dinner at a Japanese restaurant I have been wanting to try for ages. Great ambience and fresh delicious food but we kept our order to a minimum as everything was on the pricey side. I was also happy with an itunes gift card and the latest Jeffrey Archer book. One of my favourite things about the day was that I finally received a card from Shammy which is I believe the first card he has wrote for me, having made the most of ecards prior to this.
It has been a pretty interesting year with lots of travel for me, visa paperwork and challenges on the job front but the best part is that I have been able to do this with Shammy's companionship. Work seems to be going well and I have a few things to look forward to starting with a spa day this weekend, one of the perks of Shammy's work. We have our half marathon the first weekend in May and late in May we have a weeks holiday planned for Maine (great hiking area apparently).
No comments:
Post a Comment