Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things are looking up

Yesterday I finally managed to get the paperwork together for the learner's permit in PA. It did involve another trip to Shammy's hospital to get an original document printed out from his employers rather than a scanned copy. So all up the process took 3 and a half hours of which it took me 10 minutes to complete the written test, although this time I was unperturbed ready for anything. So I'm away, and have already booked my practical exam for March. Eek, can't believe I'm taking another one of those, it was one thing I was grateful never to have to do again.

I was smiling big time yesterday as I have finally sorted out a PAID internship over here at a nice family run pharmacy. The money is not great, which is standard as a student again, but it will be good to have some extra latte money, [I can see Shammy frowning already reading this sentence :) ], and more importantly start to clock in some hours and some time out of the house. It will keep me out of mischief for the moment!

With the half marathon we are training for, the runs are starting to get longer with a 4, 6 and 8 miles this week, I'm trying not to think what they will have us running by the end. It is rewarding though seeing your fitness and times improve and we are also starting to think about organising our holiday to Florida in March.

I also found out today that when my visa expires in June I have to actually travel outside of the country to get a new one. So for the moment staying in US is fine, but if I want to travel anywhere else I'll also have to book an appointment at a US embassy so I can get back into the country again. That sounds like more fun and games to me, bring it on :)

2 comments:

  1. If you just travel outside thr country perhaps you could come back and see us!!! Wishful thinking I know. But hey I look for any excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just gotta dig that $2000 up first :)

    ReplyDelete